Life of endless possibilities..

Saturday, December 04, 2004

Lightnings at Orchard

Today, I went back to school to do something, at the same time, I went to look for Mr Tan, he is such a funny guy. He laughs in a funny way too. His favourite pet phrase is ‘ Your head ah!’ He then offered me some Haw flakes. I think all the old men like eating Haw because me grandpa loves it too! Everything ended at about 1.30pm and I had to rush to meet Sarah and Daijing. We had to meet Xiao Ai later as she is working.

Daijing was shocked to see what I wore. She wasn’t expecting me to wear a skirt. She probably thought I would wear a pair of shorts. I am so unpredictable sometimes that I scare them. I wanted to look at something so we went Takashimaya.

Orchard is always so crowded. This comes back to my earlier entry on Baby boom! Again, it brings us back to the question about the government wanting to increase the population. Why?? I always ask!

We manoeuvred and inched our way through the crowd. Takashimaya got lots of pigs, soft toy, figurines and so on. Daijing was hungry so I recommended her the chicken wings from Crystal Jade cakery. It is simply delicious! Then we went to meet Xiao Ai and went for dinner. We shopped somemore and stopped so often to get a snack. We planned to see the Christmas lightings so we had to wait for nightfall. I like the lighting at Tangs best.

As we were walking and admiring the lights, we saw a transvestite. The angmoh beside me was so shocked and kept staring at him-her. He scrutinized him-her from the top to the bottom. We walked from Far East to Plaza Singapura to see the lightings and also to get my corochan. They call it the March to Corochan. On the way, we ate ice-cream and then stopped at mos burger to eat the strawberries. We passed by the Istana and Xiao Ai was not convinced that the President lives there. At the final pit-stop (Plaza Singapura), where the march to corochan journey ended, we saw Beverly, one of the Singapore idol finalist. Sarah even wanted to stalk her. At Carrefour, Daijing and Xiao Ai tried some pre-heat pork bee-hoon and they each bought a pack of it. They said it was nice but I didn’t want to give it a try. No pork, thank you! Maybe if I didn’t see the word ‘pork’ I might consider trying it. Anyway, I got home at 10 pm before my mum did.

At 11pm, I tugged myself to bed with the company of the huge doggie and slowly my mind drifts away further and further to a land, only I know, exist! Zzzzzz..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home