A mad rush!
The things that happened today kept me very busy. I was practically rushing from place to place to meet different people for various reasons. But amidst the hectic schedule, I found fun in it. Today is really an interesting day! I learnt lots things and even how to plan my day.
In the morning, I went to school for dance from 10-1.30pm. We were supposed to meet at 10am just so that we could choreograph the steps for the upcoming competition. But I was the only one early, the rest came at 10.30am. I think being early or on time is only ethically right, unless it is not within your means. ;-) During the practice, I landed on my ankle.. Oouch!! The music was very loud so they couldn’t hear me. The pain just shot through my leg though I only hurt my ankle. Oooouch! I think I twisted it. I paused for a while and tried rotating it. Although, I continued with the dance, I was limping more than dancing. But it got better after I tried rotating my ankle. I was limping a little but not that bad.
Then, I went home to bathe before meeting Daijing, Michelle and her junior, Hui fang for lunch at 2.30pm. The timing was well planned. At Long John Silver, I ate fish. Because the knife was so soft and blunt, I cut the fish till the knife bend at an angle.haha. The crispy flour then flew in all direction as I cut the fish. Seriously, I don’t have much of table manners. Michelle kept saying I looked at though I was cutting something live. Michelle kept sprouting nonsense and we kept laughing at Long John. Even though, Michelle is not in JC, her mandarin is still very good; she used a lot of chengyu. She said when I speak Mandarin, I sound like a Philippino. Hey!! Is it that bad? I went to mini toons to get a tube of sour pastilles. At that point, I was also trying to avoid some people! We left Tampines at 3.45pm.
Since later in the evening, we (daijing and I) were going to meet Sarah and Xiao Ai for steamboat at Marina Bay, we decided to go Plaza Singapura to shop. But in the MRT, a mother and daughter came to sit beside me. Although, they tried to share a seat, it was somewhat impossible. So, the mother occupied 1/2 of my seat and sitting beside Daijing was a man rather large in size, so Daijing can’t move a seat. In the end, Daijing and I were made to share 1 1/2 seat. We were both seating in an awkward and uncomfortable position. When we got to PS, we went Carrefour. Coincidentally, when we exit from the store, I spotted Miss Wee, my sec 1-4 bio teacher, at the information counter. Yesterday, I met Mdm chen and today I met Miss Wee. Wow! I didn’t know Daijing knows her too. Miss Wee taught Daijing in Sec 1 and 2. I was very surprise to see her there. Miss Wee is very witty and we often speak to each other sarcastically.
Miss wee: Hi girls! How are you, Daijing? *pretending not to know my existence
Daijing: Ok lor!
Miss wee: what CCA are you in? You look so tanned!
I: Miss wee!!! You forgot to ask about me?
Miss Wee: Oh! How are you?
Are you all in the same class? * looking at me then turning to Daijing
Daijing: yup!
Miss wee: oh life must be terrible for you!
Then she asked Daijing and I to carry for her a toaster she bought for the old folks. Miss wee is so kind, I think she will go heaven..haha..We each carry on side of the plastic bag! She was in a rush and had to go to other places so she left the physical work to us.
She is now working in the MOE welfare community. I wonder what they do there?
Do they counsel teachers so they don’t into mental distress? I didn’t have time to ask her. We busied ourself rushing in between Best and Carrefour. We went Best with her to buy a cassette player then she ask us to go Carrefour to wrap the present but they don’t provide the service so Daijing and I went back up to Best to get the presents wrapped. I felt like an Elf (Santa’s helper) for a moment! She bought the recorder from Best but not the toaster but she made me go and ask them to wrap the toaster as well.
I: Miss wee! I got it wrapped! (Calling her on her mobile)
Miss Wee: Oh! That’s great! Did you charm the guy with your smile? And did you sweetly thank him after that?
I: Oh Yes! I was so polite I think I deserved a courteous award! And I smiled sweetly too! *Although I didn’t do it! hehe..
Miss Wee: Make sure you don’t charm him until he must marry you!
Miss wee was very appreciative. She kept thanking us and I told her we were God-sent to help her when she was in distress. Hehe! I think she believed it!
Thank you may be just another word that is said and forgotten. But I feel that thank you is a way of showing that you are grateful and appreciative. ;-)
We were very late by the time we finished with those wrapping. Xiao Ai and sarah were quite impatient as they were waiting for us. In the MRT to marina bay, my mum suddenly called and said the hospital called her, she thought something had happened to my grandfather. Thank goodness it was a false alarm. They called to remind him about the check-up. Phew!
There was a free transport to and fro the steamboat restaurant. There were crabs there but it was the worst crabs ever eaten, it was not fresh at all. The crabmeat is so soft and mashy! Yuck! I ate lots of chicken there, black pepper, chilli and another kind of marinade, don’t know what! I just realised how weird Sarah’s eating habits are. She first marks her territory on the hotplate by not wanting any butter there. Then, she cooks her food until they are burnt. Xiao ai ate very fast in the beginning and got very full quickly. Xiao Ai was betting with Daijing that I couldn’t finish eating the food I took, but I did. They were shocked! As we were eating, I saw a mouse ran pass our table. I concluded it was a mouse because it was quite small and brown. A rat is grey and fat right? Gross! During the meal, Miss wee sent me SMS to thank me then Michelle also sent me an SMS to thank me for having lunch with her.. It sure feels like thanksgiving day!
As usual, Xiao Ai was very funny. She stood up to cook the prawns beside me. I accidentally step her foot and she thought a rat ran over her feet. She shrieked so loudly. Daijing somemore asked her the rat got weight or not. Xiao ai also freaked out when she saw the prawn leg moving on the hotplate. She kept saying it was alive. They didn’t want to dirty their hands so Daijing cut off the head while I shelled the prawns for them. Really weird people! I think if they shell their own prawns they would enjoy it better.
Xiao Ai: you all very shell fish! (she meant selfish)
Xiao Ai ate until very full. She threatened to throw up on Sarah on the free transport back to the MRT. She was very giddy and bloated! We started eating at 7 and finished at 10pm. That was the longest dinner ever!
On the way back home, we drew lots to see who buys present for who on Christmas. Because we did not have a pen, we took a recipt and tore it. I was GST, Sarah was Carrefour, Xiao Ai was TOTAL and Daijing was Due Change. Earlier at Carrefour, Daijing said she hope I will draw Xiao Ai and really I did! Immediately, I burst out laughing when I found out I got to buy a present for Xiao Ai. She wants that Snoopy from Watson so I am going to get it for her. Sarah did pole dancing on the MRT and Xiao Ai said nobody is going to pay her for that. Hahaah!
I reached home at around 11pm. I couldn’t sleep the whole night. I was probably too full! My ankle also hurt and my throat was indescribably dry- a dehydrated feeling. I drank lots of water but still, I felt terrible.
Anyway, I think it was a well-spent day. Lots of interesting things happened and I thoroughly enjoyed every bit of it!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home