Life of endless possibilities..

Wednesday, November 03, 2004

The oral presentation!

Today is the day of the oral presentation...

Hmmm this should be easy.. But somehow after hearing the comments of the people who had presented.. It seems rather scary and tough.

Mimi felt faint before the presentation, her limps were numbed and through her presentation, she looked like she almost cried. She calls it a traumatic ordeal!

I was waiting impatiently outside the class for my turn. It sure feels like time was ticking away slowly. I was pacing up and down outside the classroom... this was probably the longest wait! Then when Xiao Ai came out she was shrieking.. She grabbed someone's arm and said she screwed up because she was so nervous...

Argghhh!!! How nice of her to give such comments! I now fear the unknown..
I can't be nervous! I've been through this before.. Put your gavel skills to practise..I told myself upteen times..

As the first speaker, I was the first to stand before the two groups and the assessors. At that point in time, suddenly everytime seems fine. I was very comfortable with all that was going on, especially the attention given to me.
All eyes were on me.. I was no longer nervous, confidently and with clarity, I delivered my speech. Hey, it wasn't that bad after all! I think those who said it was scary, probably did not have any practise in public speaking.

"As the curtains peak open, the darkness murmurs to an eager silence;
Awaiting me to peel layers of courage , to reveal all of my soul, for all to see..."
Mr Lim walked past and said that it seems like I was enjoying it!
Indeed I was.. although I feared for the unknown in the beginning, things turned out just as I had expected in the end..
This is really a great experience for me. :-)

Now that the Oral presentation is over.. I can fully concentrate about the upcoming exam- The Chinese A'levels


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home