Pets Day!
Today, I went to Lu Jun’s house to do PW. Since, I knew I was going to meet her dog, I wore my most lousy outfit, a cheapo shorts and a cheapo t-shirt in case the dog scratch my clothes. I also put on a pair of about-to-throw-away sandals in case the dog pee on it and carried a backpack so that I can run and it wouldn’t hinder me. I was well prepared! :-)
When we got down the bus, we saw Lu Jun’s mother…Short, crop hair spiked and dyed. Looks funky. Then she pointed out to us her elder brother’s motorcycle.
When we stepped out of the lift, nearing her house, her best friend was already barking and howling. It was a shrill howl and the loudest bark. It dashed to the door, and I came face to face with it. It was barking even louder! Bad dog! Terrified, petrified or whatever, my heart was pounding. I was screaming. I think you can imagine the volume of IT and I. We were making a racket. Thank goodness Lu jun’s younger brother grabbed hold of it. It struggled free. Argghhh… I was screaming again. It came to sniff us. I was stiff, didn’t dare move. Lucky, there were too many people so it didn’t notice me. Phew! Went quickly to Lu Jun’s room, to do the PowerPoint slides. I found out IT is named Coco. It is a scrawny, bony little thing. Jacsee and Khenghong keep saying it is so fat. Don’t know its breed but to me it is a thin fellow. Imagine this... Jack Russel-A thin white and brown dog with a sorrowful expression…
Every time, Coco enter I always put up my legs as in lift it up in the air. Can’t stand dogs. I hate it especially when it sniffs you and leaving its moisture on your leg. (No, offence to all dog lovers.) Lu Jun’s room is quite cramp but what makes it so terrible is a dog running here and there and there is no escape for me. I can’t run around the room. The moment I finish my bit of the PowerPoint, I sat on Lu Jun’s bed and refuse to come down. She sleeps on a double decker but on the lower deck. So I sat on the lower deck, hoping that Coco doesn’t jump on me. Then, Coco came in. It tried to put its paws on the bed. I shrieked and straightened my back then guess what? I hit my head on the upper deck. Silly dog!
Then they kept playing with the dog. I only glare at it, watching every move it makes and stubbornly refused to touch it. I was very paranoid! Then when I got off the bed to leave, the dog suddenly pounced on me and aimed for my butt. I screamed again. I think Lu Jun manage to catch hold of it. Immediately, I ran out and went for the main door but the door was locked. I was doom! It kept barking and my heart pounded faster with every bark.. Adrenaline shot to my brain. I shouted for Lu Jun’s brother to open the door. From the corner of my eye, I saw the dog running out of the room, Arrghhhh!! Luckily, Lujun’s brother opened the door and I raced out. It ran so fast, I was also fast, fast enough to slam the door at it. Phew! What a close shave!
Then I waited at the corridor for the rest to come out.
Went with Kheng Hong and Jia min to eat lunch at Bedok. Kheng Hong left after eating while Jia min and I continued walking aimlessly. Bedok is so small and boring. We walked up and down, and we saw a Cai Shen Ye! (A man dressed in a the fortune god costume) He was selling Big Sweep. Bedok got lots of weird stuff. When we walked past a shop with a pungent herbal smell, Jia min decided to go in and invest all her money on a bottle of shampoo. That made her really broke. The only thing that was fun about Bedok that day was that we tried all the food on promotion at NTUC. I tried a fruit that taste really powdery, yuck! We continue on our aimless journey. Pausing so often to think of where to go next. Then Sarah called and asked us to join her and daijing. They also just finished their PW. So we went down to Simei. That place is an animal-ville. I went to the Pet Safari and there were so many canine friends. There were also other furry animals but lucky all of them are caged up. Then, I saw a huge dog that looks like a wolf -grey in colour. Sarah and all touched it and I took the opportunity to run away. It looked quite tame and friendly but I did not want to take a chance. Everywhere is Simei there are dogs.
You can call me uncompassionate and unloving but I had a terrible experience with dogs. So you can’t blame me. I realised something, big dogs are not as scary as small dogs or at least they move slower. They have more predictable moves then small dogs. Big dogs also seem to be more mature in thinking than small dogs, at least they don’t bark for no reason.
Speaking about pets, I read that in America, Guinea Pigs are bred for food.. Gross!
Went home to disinfect myself. Very paranoid right? My dislike (I wouldn't say hatred) for dogs and cats explains why I don't like eating at hawker centres.

2 Comments:
Hey, that wolf dog was huge and of course I had to run..
wt: stupid blogger.. i m now anonymous.. i saw lujun's coco on friendster b4.. i tot it was quite cute.. lol.. i guess it dislykes u as much as lujun does bAh.. lol
Post a Comment
<< Home