Happy Bithday to me!
5th Feb..
Happy Birthday to me!
I have turned 18… That’s so old right? I can't believe it. But 18 = freedom..As every teen might equate it. Not exactly! I would say 18 = freedom = more responsibilities. 18 years old can vote, can buy cigarettes and alcohol, can go clubbing, can take up driving and can buy lottery.. Wow.. Suddenly there is so much I can do!
This morning, got Chingay practice at SRJC so must wake up early. The practice was so boring. We had to practise clapping and dancing several times. I got so bored; Daijing and I took a walk around the school. On the way, we saw some terrapins busking under the sun near the pond. In another pond, there were lots of tadpoles and water lettuce. We use the dead leaves to disturb them. At the corner of my eye, I noticed something hopping.. It was a small frog. Its legs and arms are so tiny that it seems like days ago it was just a tadpole. Daijing and I then chased it with our leaf and it hopped away.
After the Chingay practice, we went to Bugis to eat Sakae Sushi. I was so hungry by the time we reach there. After walking around, I told Daijing I have a premonition that we would meet someone and indeed we did. I spotted my Sec 4 Chinese teacher walking dreamily through the crowd and called her. She was so glad to see me and asked about my Chinese.
After more walking, I got hungry again and we went to eat Chicken wings at the Crystal Jade Cakery. My favourite! Daijing was so thirsty that when we walked passed the fountain, she exclaimed out loud, “WATER!!!” It sounds as though she is in a desert!
Daijing wanted to get something from OG so we had to walk through the so-ever crowded Bugis street. She bought 2 t-shirt and there was a free voucher for some men shirt. So happen, I dropped the voucher and a disease-stricken man came over to ask us for the voucher. Daijing said she wants it and he said she very kiam siap
(hokkien for stingy)
He: come lah, come lah! The most I buy you all dinner! Give me the voucher! Hao xin you hao bao! He spoke in Mandarin.
We were so traumatised by the encounter. In the end, daijing still gave him the voucher because it was of no use. She so horrible, she ask me to pass it to him.
He: I knew you would give me. Hao xin you hao bao! *Smiling as through that was gold.
We went to meet Xiao Ai after that and I suggested we should eat Fish & Co. Huangeng was there with his friends also. I ordered Fish and Chips and Peri Peri Prawns. It is simply delectable. To end it all, an ice cream cake was on the house because it is my birthday and they provide this sort of compliment. Yummy!
Daijing and Xiao Ai surprised me with a cake but I was too full to eat it and that became my supper.
I went for tuition after dinner.. Sad huh!
I ate the cake, jelly and mash potatoes before going to bed. What a tiring day yet it is fun!
6th Feb..
Food and more food. After church, I had lunch with auntie and Mum at Crystal Jade as they suggested it. As I looked at the array of food that lay before me, I realised how lucky I am. They called so much food, that the three of us can barely finish it. Most of the food was untouched. I like the Abalone and Scallop Congee best, it is so soft and tasty that I can just swallow it. They were eating some pig leg and chicken feet that scared me, nearly to death. Gross!
My Auntie wanted to eat cakes immediately after lunch but we were all too full.
My Godma called to have dinner with me. I wanted to eat Seafood so we went some non-air-conditioned place to eat. The lady spoke to her in Mandarin and she was so sarcastic.
Godma: Do I look like a Chinese to you?
Lady: Chilli Clab (Crab) ah! And black paper clab?
Godma: Yes both please! We want the CRRAB! *putting great emphasis on the ‘r’!
Btw, she is an English teacher.
While eating, a cat ran passed and brushed my leg. I screamed. My godma also looked disgusted. Both of us hate cats. Actually, we are so alike! She hates cats, don’t eat pork and like to shop! She likes pink too.
Again, we ordered too much food and she take-away the remainder.
After that, she gave me my present. It is rectangular, heavy and huge wrapped in pink wrapper. I thought it might be a bedsheet. But to my surprise, it was a full make-up set. It contains 6 palettes of multi-coloured eyeshadow, 6 brushes, 6 lipsticks, 6 lipgloss, a mirror, 2 lip liner, 1 sharperner, eyeliner and 6 nail polish blusher and so on. She thinks that now that I am 18 it is time for me to put on make-up. She bought it from Australia 6 months ago, ready to give it to me on my 18th birthday. She wanted to bring me disco but she had something on but she is going to bring me the next time. I think she is the coolest Godma!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home