Life of endless possibilities..

Sunday, December 26, 2004

Gloria in excelsis deo..

A Saviour is born today!

This morning, I had to dress and get ready to go my Godma’s house for a Christmas Lunch. We were the first to get there. So I ate first. The prawns that my Godma cooked were finger licking good. There was lots of different curry. I just realised my Godma’s dad was a boxer. After lunch, I joined my godma at the mini bar counter and her brother concoct Gin and Tonic for me. I drank two glasses and half a glass of vodka. My godma drank 12 glasses of gin & tonic. She was telling me how terrible it is to teach a class that can’t write well. Eg. Ling! Ling! The phone lang!

Then the crowd came at 2pm. There were lots of greeting and shaking hands. A few small talk here and there and I decided to leave. Then, I went home to change into something more casual before meeting Xiao Ai to go Daijing’s house.

8pm..
The moon is bright and round slightly obscure by the clouds. Under the moonlight and the street lamps, we (Sarah, Xiao Ai and myself) had dinner with Daijing’s family in the open somewhere near the void decks in Bedok to celebrate Christmas. The air was cool and breezy.

Serenaded by the Christmas Carols blasting from the radio and dinning below the HDB blocks, it was indeed a memorable experience. There were lots of food and Xiao Ai gorged herself with so much beehoon, that her stomach hardly has enough space for other food. Sarah left quite early after eating the bee hoon before the BBQ started.

We exchanged presents. Daijing and Sarah gave me 2 presents, one was stuffed with a lot of newspapers and the other was so big because it was wrapped using 60 layers of newspaper. They probably wanted me to exercise patience. What a way to tease me. I took a very long time ripping apart the presents. But it was very fun and exciting ripping it apart and trying to guess what it is. At last, it was a converse wallet. Very sweet, very nice. This is also known as a cheap thrill. Anyway, I must thank daijing for making an effort to wrap with 60 layers of newspaper.

Daijing’s Aunties and uncles all came. Her Grandmother was there too. She is so fit and happy. She looks like a Laughing Buddha surrounded by her kids (Daijing’s uncles and aunties), very contented and satisfied with life. Her aunties were taking turns to cook and feeding each other with food because their hands were occupied or either they were doing something. Daijing’s cousins and siblings were playing catch and running all around the place. The kids occupied themselves with light sticks and sparkles. Everyone was enjoying himself or herself. It was an envious sight, having surrounded by family members, caring for one another. The warmth of what a family should be was sincerely present. With everyone leading such hectic lives, it was a rarely sight to see people putting aside everything to come together and make merry.

In my family, we lead very separate lives. Each doing different things under one roof. Only on Chinese New Year then only I would be meeting up with strangers, supposedly relatives, whom I never knew I had. So, looking at daijing’s family came as something very rare and pleasant!

As I was deep in thought thinking about all these and unknowingly swaying to the rhythm of the music, Xiao Ai interrupted my train of thought,” Hey fifi! (They call me that because of my uniquely shaped ponytail) What you doing? Why you dancing ah?” I soon came back from my dreamland to the harsh reality.

We (Xiao Ai and I) left the place at about 9.40pm. As we walking pass the Bedok swimming pool to the bus stop, I scared Xiao Ai. The water in the pool was very still and it reflected the moonlight. It was very silent and deserted around us. Then I told Xiao Ai that what if someone coming out of the water. She suddenly screamed and we ran. Another one of the cheap thrills!

Eating and enjoying myself, this is life! Someone please pull me back to the real world where there is the dreaded homework still waiting for me.

1 Comments:

At 10:33 AM, Blogger JLove Shopping said...

yA... i saw d timetable long ago le.. my timetable is so horrible.. can go home so early everyday except tue.. so many free periods too.. uGh!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home