Say cheese!
This morning after Chem tutorial, Mr Tan saw me carrying a slice of strawberry cheesecake and he jokingly commented, no food in class. He even went into what is in the cake. He says it is no good and asked me to eat white or wheat bread instead. He left me with this reminder,” Watch your health!” Well, that will set me thinking…
Mr Lim was outside the MRC room welcoming us. He noticed I was carrying a cake and asked what kind of cake it is. He even asked where I got it from. He was shocked when I got it from Siglap. He thinks I shouldn’t go all the way there just to get a slice of cake. I have this feeling he wants to eat it. My cheesecake was melting and I had to eat it soon. While waiting to enter the MRC room, I decided to eat my cake. Sarah and Mimi watched in disbelief as I actually finished my cake in less than a 5 mins. “$5 gone just like that even without savouring it.” was a comment made by Sarah as she looked at me putting the last bit into my mouth.
Bio Lecture was so interesting today. A professor, thick with the Scottish accent, came down from the University of Edinburgh to talk about forces, waves. It is so interesting how waves can generate electricity. Moreover, he is so funny. His jokes were subtle so not many people got it. I am so inspired to learn about waves.
I went around taking photos today. Haha. Actually, it is because I wanted to take a photo with Mr Tan PK as he is leaving. So sad! Anyway, I took with Miss Yue, Mr Tan CB and Miss Mak and Yeo Yang too. Apparently, Miss Yue gave Mr Tan pk big ears. I didn’t know I am notoriously known to be cheeky and mischievous. Mr Tan CB was so afraid I might do something to the photo. Mr Tan, I am quite harmless, you know. He keeps telling me I should take it with Miss Yue instead. Then, he started asking if I would put it on the blog and what I would be doing with the photo before agreeing to take it. He seems suspicious though. *Evil grin.
Gavel starts..Mrs Toh enters… Kaboom!
Hehe.. No, this time she wasn’t angry. She merely gave a straight face as she always does. So I believe it is normal. We started doing our speeches and this girl who just join us was so nervous that she stuttered upon several words. Still Mrs Toh thought she was the best. Why? Because, her speech was on Kindness and Respect. You know that sort of Beauty Pageant answers, ‘I wish for world peace’. I would say her topic was rather GP-ish. My topic was about something dear to me. Hah! It is about my traumatic experience with Chinese teachers and how my opinions changed. I gave analogy of how I was being tortured in Primary school and so on. BUT… I ended with an impact! “I applaud teachers who are nice and kind. Teachers play an instrumental role in engaging the child. Therefore, they are role models for students to emulate. For the teachers who are mean and nasty, they deserve nothing BUT (*pause- all eyes on me)…. spits! (Walk off the lectern..)
At this point Mrs Toh’s eyes widened but she did not say anything. She was probably appalled by my crude remarks. Haiyah! Not as if I was talking about her..unless.. Anyway, everyone clapped.
Later she commented that we should craft our speeches with more SUBSTANCE and not so much to stir emotional feeling. She thinks we should make it more GP-ish.
Oh well.. Then we had table topics that is when you are given a topic and you have to make an impromptu speech. She gave us a structure to follow. Like how we have to first talk about the key words then make your stand and reason your arguments. I feel like I am verbally doing an essay. I try not to listen too much to her voice in case I start speaking like her. If I ever wake up one morning with the funny accent, you know why! I think she is pretty comical today because she was talking about professionalism and suddenly she went on to saying how professional she looks with the long sleeve cos she remembers we have a gavel meeting.
Later in the evening, I went to the food centre near Bedok camp to have dinner with my mum and aunties. They got all nervy about my bronchitis, one of my aunties, bought for me the chuan bei pi ba gao from Eu Yan Sang. It taste so gooey! Another auntie bought me brownies, how contradicting. I ate fried rice from Chwee seng stall there. According to my mama, the fried rice is very authentic with nostalgia from the past. They ordered a lot of food again. But all cannot finish, I always feel so guilty eating with them. They ordered 10 sticks of satay but not nice so they ate half of it only. They ordered cold cheng tng for me, it is a speciality there. Inside got a lot of funny things but it is quite nice. After that we went opposite to Cold Storage. The Easter spirit was in the air. There were lots of chocolates. I was so tempted by the huge eggs filled with cream but I can’t eat. My auntie suddenly crave for ice cream so we went to Ice Cream Gallery. They ate strawberry sorbet and bought for me Irish Cream (Bailey) and Chocolate Marshmallow. Temptation was too great I ate the ICE CREAM, even though I am not suppose to. Haha. Sometimes, rules can bend a little.

2 Comments:
Haha.. ;0
haa ... u so hungry aR ... anyway i change my blogsking =)
Post a Comment
<< Home